Ms. Davis, Sedona, & "Coper" Copernicus

Monday, June 9, 2014

Goodbye Los Cerros - Seven Tales of Trinket by Shelley Moore Thomas.

I am retiring this June from my position as a teacher librarian at Los Cerros Middle School.  However, I am hoping to continue to keep up my blog.  I will eventually add more titles as I begin broadening my reading genre.
One book I am reading right now and enjoying very much is the Seven Tales of Trinket by Shelley Moore Thomas.
I had a great time listening to the author at this years California Young Reader Medal banquet.  She was Trinket at the banquet.  Trinket wants to become a bard - a teller of stories, musician, and all around entertainer.  She starts out on a journey to find her father, also a bard, after her mother's death.  She is accompanied by Thomas the pig boy on her journey.  While on her quest to find her father she is perfecting the skills she will need to become a fantastic bard.
It is worth a read for those interested in an easy quick read and the fantastical people and creatures Trinket and Thomas meet on their travels.
I hope to collect tales on my travels in my RV, now that I am retiring or changing careers...
Happy reading. - Donnine Davis

No comments: